As the heat of the summer winds down, there are still plenty of hot things to do in Orlando. Although tourist attractions are everywhere in the Orlando area, locals and long-time visitors alike know that this thriving and exciting city is full of so much culture and cuisine it’s nearly impossible to soak it all in.
If you are looking for a way to narrow down your choices for fun as summer starts to leave, here are five types of activities you can enjoy in the Orlando area this fall.
1. Enjoy the Scenic Outdoors
Orlando is beautiful year-round, but fall is the time when spending long days outside becomes a much more pleasant experience. You can explore the beautiful area lakes on a stroll or through one of many boat tours or take a tour of some of the area’s most famous gardens.
Bok Tower Gardens and the Harry P. Leu Gardens are both popular choices for those who want to spend some time enjoying the outdoor scenery.
2. Find a Fall Festival for Everyone
There is no shortage of festivals in Orlando during the fall, so finding something that aligns with your idea of a great time should be a simple task. Whether you enjoy trying a new cuisine, expanding your mind through film, or are looking for a thrill, you have a number of entertainment options at your feet.
• Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. One of the most popular Orlando area festivals, this Disney World-based event allows you to enjoy global cuisine in an international atmosphere.
• Global Peace Film Festival. Held throughout different locations in the Orlando area, this festival focuses on films that help keep the focus on peace throughout the world.
• Freak Show Horror Film Fest. Horror film lovers flock to this event held near Halloween that allows independent horror filmmakers to display their talents.
• Central Florida Veg Fest. This cuisine-based festival is held for vegetarians and vegans to enjoy a variety of delicious creations.
3. Have a Happy Halloween
You can’t have a city of theme parks without a lot of thematic drama near Halloween, and Orlando brings you the best of the best.
Pick between Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, or the Halloween Spooktacular at Sea World Orlando. Or visit them all, so you don’t miss a moment of the Halloween fun this fall.
4. Hit the Links
The weather in Florida allows golfers the luxury of enjoying golf courses all year long, but fall is a great time to take in some golf while avoiding the peak heat of a sweltering Florida summer.
Orlando is home to a number of professionally-designed championship golf courses, including the famous Bay Hill Club and Lounge and other prestigious courses operated by Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
5. Keep It Casual at American Social
As fall rolls in, you don’t have to go too far out of your normal routine to have a great time. Sometimes the best activities involve your favorite hangouts or restaurants in Orlando that provide the cuisine and atmosphere you already know and love.
Restaurants like American Social in Orlando have both indoor and outdoor seating, complete with conversation areas seated in the round. If you are a bar staple, consider taking company outdoors on the patio to enjoy everything the fall weather brings.
If you are looking for a place to dine or converse in Orlando that can become your second home, contact American Social Orlando or make a reservation today. Ask for outdoor patio seating this fall to enjoy the perfect combination of great weather, delicious food, and fun conversation in one of the best atmospheres in the Orlando area.
Image Credit: Shutterstock/noina